- 1. Ground beef, pork and veal. You can buy this already packaged, but I buy mine separately. I can't give you an exact amount, I don't measure, but the ratio is about 1/2 ground beef, 1/4 ground pork and 1/4 ground veal. For me it's two handfuls beef, one handful pork, one handful veal. They are very generous handfuls. Mix together
- 2. A blob of shkvartkies (bacon grease). My blob was about 2 1/2 tablespoons.
- 3. A medium onion, chopped fine
- 4. 1/4 stick unsalted butter
- 5. 4 small cans or two large cans Campbell's tomato soup
- 8. 1 cup dry Carolina Long Grain rice
- 9. A large head of green cabbage
- 10. Sea salt & fresh ground pepper to taste
- 11. Water
Wednesday, September 28, 2011
Ukrainian Stuffed Cabbage-Cabbage Rolls-Голубец-Holubtsi - Diane C Kosowicz
Ok, you asked for it. Here is the way Baba taught me do make Stuffed Cabbage. This is not an easy or neat undertaking. You will make a mess or you're not doing it right!