- 2 lbs lean chopped 2 T olive oil1 large white onion chopped 3 or more stalks of celery finely chopped 5 or more cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1 large can crushed tomatoes2 C water..you may have to use more½ bottle of chili sauce 1 C or less of tomato ketchup (use more as you like) ½ C mustard ( I use Dijon)
- 1 and ½ cups pepper (green, red, yellow comb) diced5 small jalapeno peppers finely chopped with ribs and seeds removed
- 3 small carrots grated2 ears fresh corn cooked and removed from cob1 C finely chopped parsley and cilantro combined
- 2 T sweet relish1 T apple cider vinegar1 T or more of Molasses ( yes….molasses…you’ll see)Add more for taste Black pepper and salt to taste..you can also use hot pepper flakes for heat.
- Several good quality hard roles or potato rolls.
Brown the chopped meat in remaining oil. Add to the pot.
Then begin to add the remaining ingredients.